Friday, February 18, 2011

Preschool Reading Activities

Boo spent a lot of time this week focusing on reviewing letter sounds and beginning reading. We used our Explode the Code Wall Chart to play a game. I hid the stuffed toys then Boo collected them in a basket and took them to the chart and put each toy in the right pocket. She loved getting to hunt for the toys and has asked to play over and over again.

Boo used Do-A-Dot markers to do the assessment sheets from Confessions of a Homeschooler. I wanted to be sure that she can identify all of the capital and lower case letters and number 1-20 (she can!)

Boo loves to color, so she was excited to do the color by number sight words from 1+1+1=1

I wrote words on index cards that I knew Boo was able to read. I used words for small items I could find around the house and put the items in a plastic box with the cards. Boo read each card and then matched it with the correct item from the box. She thought this was great!

And perhaps most exciting of all: it was finally warm enough to play outside! We headed to a little playgroud near our house to burn off some energy!

I'm linking this post to Preschool Corner

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great week! I love the reading words and matching it with the objects! We got out to the playground a bunch this week too!! Loved the weather!

    ReplyDelete